In response to the sex trafficking crisis, Nefarious director, writer, and producer, Benjamin Nolot, founded Exodus Cry, an international anti-trafficking organization. Exodus Cry is built on a foundation of prayer and is committed to abolishing sex slavery through Christ-centered prevention, intervention, and holistic restoration for trafficking victims.
Our Prevention work is focused on unifying organizations and individuals around the issue of Christ-centered justice and is designed to inspire an army of abolitionist leaders to create regions where sex slavery is not tolerated. Our threefold approach to prevention encompasses prayer, awareness and international governmental reform.
- Prayer is our central value. We believe it is the most powerful and effective weapon to combat slavery. Our global prayer initiatives include City in Focus, Exodus Cry Prayer Watch—a coalition of prayer meetings—Adopt a Nation, and the Red Light Prayer Initiative.
- We raise awareness through our annual Abolition Summit, the Nefarious Documentary Trilogy, and other forms of media.
- Our legislative reform efforts include diplomacy, parliamentary screenings, and the mobilization of support for legislators around the world working to combat prostitution and sex trafficking.
Exodus Cry Intervention exists to be a light in the dark places where sex trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation occur, with a goal of orchestrating the rescue of those trapped and providing avenues of exit for those who want to leave.
- We accomplish this through targeted investigations and outreach into areas where exploitation occurs, including: strip clubs, streets, brothels, massage parlors and internet-based venues.Our outreach efforts are carried out locally, nationally, and internationally.
In our Restoration work we take a holistic approach in caring for victims of human trafficking. Our vision is to see each one restored physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, and to walk alongside her in the intricate process of rebuilding a life. This journey takes place within our Exodus Cry community and our safe homes, which we call Lighthouses.
- Services we provide in our aftercare program include: housing, trauma therapy, medical and dental care, legal counsel and advocacy, life and job skills training, education and employment opportunities, spiritual discipleship, personal development activities, and establishment of long-term support systems.
For more information about the work of Exodus Cry, please visit: exoduscry.com »
Exodus Cry is a 501(c)(3) organization committed to the ending of human trafficking.